[Python-Dev] Python startup time

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Oct 10 13:36:23 CEST 2013

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 07:41:19 +0300, yoav glazner <yoavglazner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure Droping imports is the best way to go, since every python
> script/app will import common modules right on the start and it will still
> seem like the interpeter boot is slow.
>
> making modules load faster seems like a better approch

Making any of the infrastructure faster is good.  But I certainly have
plenty of CLI scripts that import only os and sys, so reducing the
number of modules imported will be a win for me.

(Now, granted, a lot of those scripts *ought* to import argparse,
which imports a bunch of stuff, but they don't ;)

--David