[Python-Dev] PEP 457: Syntax For Positional-Only Parameters

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Wed Oct 9 21:41:53 CEST 2013

On 10/09/2013 07:50 PM, Eli Bendersky wrote:
> I'm not sure what you call "parsing". This?

 From the Argument Clinic PEP (436):

    The primary implementation of Python, "CPython", is written in a
    mixture of Python and C. One implementation detail of CPython is
    what are called "built-in" functions -- functions available to
    Python programs but written in C. When a Python program calls a
    built-in function and passes in arguments, those arguments must be
    translated from Python values into C values. This process is called
    "parsing arguments".

I should probably amend that, because deciding how to map arguments to
parameters is also part of "parsing arguments".

//arry/