[Python-Dev] The pysandbox project is broken

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 00:40:48 CET 2013

On 13 Nov 2013 07:18, "Victor Stinner" <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please tell me if you know sandbox projects for Python so I can
> redirect users of pysandbox to a safer solution. I already know PyPy
> sandbox.

Sandboxing is hard enough (see also the many JVM vulnerabilities) that the
only ones I even remotely trust are the platform level mechanisms that form
the foundation of the various PaaS services, including SELinux and Linux
containers.

Cross platform? In process? Even Lua is hard to secure in that situation,
and it has a much smaller attack surface than CPython or Java.

Cheers,
Nick.