[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Issue #19512: Add PyRun_InteractiveOneObject() function

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:55:54 CET 2013

2013/11/8 Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com>:
>> [PyRun_InteractiveOneObject()]
>> (...)
>> > Also, if they're part of the stable ABI, they need a version guard.
>>
>> As most PyRun_xxx() functions, the function is declared in a "#ifndef
>> Py_LIMITED_API" block. It means that it is not part of the stable ABI,
>> is that correct?
>
> Yeah, that's fine - I'm just replying on my phone at the moment, so checking
> the broader file context is a pain :)

About the 72523 functions PyRun_xxx(), I don't understand something.
The PyRun_FileEx() is documented in the Python "very high" C API to
use Python. But this function is not part of the stable ABI. So there
is no "very high" function in the stable ABI to use Python?

Another question: it's not documented if a function is part or not
part of the stable ABI. So as an user of the API, it is hard to check
if a function is part of the stable ABI or not.

Victor