[Python-Dev] Issue 19332: Guard against changing dict during iteration

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 08:10:30 CET 2013

On Nov 5, 2013 10:42 PM, "Nick Coghlan" <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the benchmark suite indicates there's no measurable speed penalty then
such a patch may be worth reconsidering. I'd be astonished if that was
actually the case, though - the lowest impact approach I can think of is to
check for live iterators when setting a dict entry, and that still has
non-trivial size and speed implications.

If I remember right, I had to address something related in my C OrderedDict
patch on issue #16991.  I don't know if what I did there is applicable to
dicts though.  It's been a while since I worked on that patch.

-eric