[Python-Dev] Problem building Python 2.7.5 with separate sysroot

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Fri May 31 10:21:40 CEST 2013

In article <1369986770.4119.43.camel at homebase>,
 Paul Smith <paul at mad-scientist.net> wrote:

> Hi all.  I'm trying to build Python 2.7.5 on a GNU/Linux (Linux Mint 14)
> system, but using a different sysroot (that is, a separate
> <d>/usr/include, <d>/usr/lib, etc., not the real one for my system).

This list is for the development of Python itself, not about using or
installing it.  Python-list (AKA comp.lang.python) is the right list to
ask such questions.  That said ...

> However, I'm having serious problems building modules such as fcntl,
> etc.  Looking at the output from the makefile, I can see that somehow,
> someone is forcibly adding "-I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu" to the link
> line:  [...]

... include file and library file selections for building standard
library modules are handled by the top-level setup.py file in the source
tree.  That's where /usr/local/... is added and chances are that the
above header is being added by add_gcc_paths() in setup.py.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org