[Python-Dev] Issue 11406: adding os.scandir(), a directory iterator returning stat-like info

Ben Hoyt benhoyt at gmail.com
Tue May 14 10:54:50 CEST 2013

>> If anyone can run benchmark.py on Linux / NFS or similar, that'd be
>> great. You'll probably have to lower DEPTH/NUM_DIRS/NUM_FILES first
>> and then move the "benchtree" to the network file system to run it
>> against that.
>
> Why does your benchmark create such large files? It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that last night, and I should probably
change that. Originally I did it because I thought it might affect the
speed of directory walking, so I was trying to make some of the files
large to be more "real world". I've just tested it, and in practice
file system doesn't make much difference, so I've fixed that now:

https://github.com/benhoyt/scandir/commit/9663c0afcc5c020d5d1fe34a120b0331b8c9d2e0

Thanks,
Ben