[Python-Dev] Status of XML fixes

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Mon Mar 18 15:54:34 CET 2013

Am 17.03.2013 19:25, schrieb Eli Bendersky:
> I'll gladly review the _elementtree changes and can help with the expat
> & pyexpat changes as well. Until now I had the impression that the
> patches aren't ready for review yet. If they are, that's great.

The modifications to expat, pyexpat and _elementtree are available for
weeks. I just hadn't have time to create proper patches yet.

> Do you have a patch in the issue tracker (so it can be reviewed with
> Rietveld)? ISTM the current form is just a file (say _elementtree.c) in
> your Bitbucket repo. Should that be just diffed with the trunk file to
> see the changes?

I have pushed all changes from defusedexpat to a clone of Python's hg
repository. You can find the clone at https://bitbucket.org/tiran/xmlbomb/ .

The repository also contains a quick draft for a XML security API.
https://bitbucket.org/tiran/xmlbomb/commits/c033abd0f7747c5b215e1b32f90372dd96e397ba

I have to port tests from my other branch and add tests for the new API,
too.

Christian