[Python-Dev] About issue 6560

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Mar 17 01:58:10 CET 2013

On Mar 14, 2013, at 3:48 PM, Martin v. Löwis <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> Am 14.03.13 15:15, schrieb Ani Sinha:
>> I was looking into a mechanism to get the aux fields from recvmsg() in
>> python and I came across this issue. Looks like this feature was added
>> in python 3.3. Is there any reason why this feature was not added for
>> python 2.7?
>
> Most certainly: Python 2.7 (and thus Python 2) is feature-frozen; no
> new features can be added to it. People wanting new features need to
> port to Python 3.

Or you can use Twisted: <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/python/sendmsg.c>

That module ought to have no dependencies outside of Twisted.

We only use it for passing file descriptors between processes, but I believe it should be able to deal with whatever other types of auxiliary data that you need from recvmsg; if not, please file a bug (at <http://twistedmatrix.com/>).

-glyph