[Python-Dev] Introducing Electronic Contributor Agreements

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 5 08:36:41 CET 2013

On 3/4/2013 7:51 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> Who's talking source code, you're previously mentioned *ALL* patches
> needing a CLA.  Does this mean you have to sign a CLA for a one line
> documentation patch?

It it is a one char typo, I would not bother downloading the patch, or
adding a person to ACKS. If the patch is big enough to download and
apply, then I want a CLA. If a person is sophisticated enough to submit
a respository file diff, they are likely to submit more, and I want them
to feel encouraged to do so by already having done the CLA. If we do not
get it with the first submission, then when? Who keeps track of
cumulative lines?

> What is the definition of a patch, an actual patch file

Usually.

> or a proposal for a change that is given within a bug tracker message?

I view a proposal for a change as just an idea. Such usually get
re-written by whoever creates an actual patch.

I would like the link to the e-form to be accessible somewhere on the
tracker so I can refer people to it easily.

--
Terry Jan Reedy