[Python-Dev] Reminder: an oft-forgotten rule about docstring formatting (PEP 257)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jun 27 04:08:27 CEST 2013

> I'd like to urge stdlib contributors and core devs to
> heed it -- or explain why you can't.

Where I can, I do, however I often find it difficult to come up with a
one-liner, especially one that mentions the parameters to functions.
If the one-line rule is going to be violated, I go whole hog and don't
bother with the blank line either.  (If I'm going to punch a hole in a
rule, I might as well create one big enough to comfortably walk
through.)

Skip