[Python-Dev] cpython (2.7): Fix comment blocks. Adjust blocksize to a power-of-two for better divmod

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Jun 24 21:15:01 CEST 2013

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 20:37:37 -0700
Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> But it isn't worth all the second guessing (and what feels like sniping).
> I've worked on this code for almost a decade.  As far as I can tell, none
> of the participants in this thread has ever previously shown any interest
> in the deque object.

How do you measure "showing any interest"? I certainly use deques
regularly (thank you for implementing them) and I'm sure others do too.
I'm also interested in how the type is implemented and what the
tradeoffs are there. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed your commit.

(if you remember, I was also interested enough to propose grafting
deque-like functionality on OrderedDict:
http://bugs.python.org/issue17100)

Regards

Antoine.