[Python-Dev] cpython (2.7): Fix comment blocks. Adjust blocksize to a power-of-two for better divmod

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 06:06:56 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Raymond Hettinger <
raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, none
> of the participants in this thread has ever previously shown any interest
> in the deque object.  It is discouraging to have a simple parameter
> change and struct reordering reverted.  This thread has offered zero
> support or encouragement for my work.  The python-dev
> social environment appears to be degrading over time.

FWIW, I was surprised to see Raymond's patch reverted in what looked like a
knee-jerk reaction.  In my view Raymond through his contributions has
earned the presumption of validity for his commits.  A risk of introducing
regressions may ultimately outweigh the benefit of optimization and keeping
2.x and 3.x code in sync, but there is no need in rushing the decision.
 This patch could be reverted at any time before the 2.7.6 release which as
far as I know has not even been scheduled.