[Python-Dev] Python 3.4 and Windows XP: just 45 days until EOL

Ben Hoyt benhoyt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 03:49:54 CEST 2013

I guess it has to be dropped at some stage, but with Windows XP it's a case
of "XP is dead. Long live XP!" There are still an awful lot of XP boxes out
there, and I'd kind hate to see support dropped completely. We still use it
here at home.

Wikipedia/Net Applications says that Windows XP has still has a full 37% of
market share! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems
)

What about just have these attributes/functions on OSes that support it,
for example os.kill on Python 2.6 vs 2.7?

-Ben