[Python-Dev] Fwd: I was just thinking that os.path could use some love...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jan 30 22:45:20 CET 2013

> Thoughts on os.path? What happened to the idea of a new path object?

You old pot stirrer! <wink>

I wonder about this from time-to-time as well, so was just interested
enough to wander over to PyPI and see what I could dig up.  There are
a couple path module/package implementations on PyPI.  Nothing jumped
out at me as the One True Way.   I think you are probably thinking of
Jason Orendorff's path.py module:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/path.py

There are also two PEPs:

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0355/
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0428/

The former was rejected.  The latter still seems to have legs, and an
implementation:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pathlib/0.7

Skip