[Python-Dev] Ctypes bug fix for Solaris - too late for 2.7.3?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Jan 27 14:58:24 CET 2013

I hit a bug in the ctypes package on Solaris yesterday.
Investigating, I found there is a patch:

http://bugs.python.org/issue5289

I applied it and verified that when run as a main program
ctypes/util.py now works.

Is it too late to get this into 2.7.3?  Given the nature of the patch
(a new block of code only matched on Solaris, and the fact that
find_library is quite broken now on that platform), it's hard to see
how things would be worse after applying it.

BTW, this will be a requirement for getting PyPy running on Solaris.
(That's the context where i encountered it.)

Thanks,

Skip