[Python-Dev] Point of building without threads?

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Tue Jan 8 22:01:03 CET 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 15:09 +0100, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> The original e-mail is quite old (it was sent in May) :-)

I'm sorry about that! I've just stumbled upon this thread and got scared
that --without-threads might be going away soon...

We've just been porting Python to a new supercomputer, so that we can
use Python interface to our simulation software and, at the moment, this
is the only way we can get it to work due to the deficiencies of the
available software stack (which will hopefully be fixed in the future).

Anyways, the point is that it's a recurrent problem, and we hit it every
single time with each new machine, so I hope you can understand why I
decided to post, even though the original message appeared back in May.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev