[Python-Dev] peps: Updates in response to Barry Warsaw's feedback

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 13:39:18 CET 2013

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> Since we are here, I would bikeshed a little and point out that
> "initializing" and "initialiazed" are states, not phases. Either way,
> the nomenclature should be consistent.

States and phases are generally the same thing (e.g. states of matter
vs phases of matter).

I've switched back and forth between state, stage and phase at various
times, though, so the PEP is currently internally inconsistent. If
there are any leftover "state" and "stage" references, it's just a
mistake since "phase" is the terminology I finally settled on.

Cheers,
Nick.