[Python-Dev] Please review simple patch for IDLE documentation last updated 11/28/2012

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri Jan 4 18:07:32 CET 2013

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 18:56:22 +0200, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04.01.13 18:51, R. David Murray wrote:
> > (To automate such monitoring we would need some sort of 'commit ready'
> > flag in the tracker and a protocol for when it gets set...which might
> > not be a bad idea, but would need to be discussed....)
>
> Is not "commit review" stage purposed for this?

Not currently.  But we could potentially re-purpose it for that.

Currently it is supposed to mean that we are in an RC stage, one
committer has signed off on the patch, and we need a second signoff before
committing.  I don't think we actually work that way any more now that
we have switched to hg.  Instead what we have been doing is committing
as per normal, and then the release manager's decision on whether or not
merge the fix into his release clone takes the place of the second review.

--David