[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] peps: Pre-alpha draft for PEP 435 (enum). The name is not important at the moment, as

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Feb 26 02:42:58 CET 2013

On Feb 26, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Tim Delaney wrote:

>You're starting to tread in an area that I investigated, did an
>implementation of, and then started moving away from due to a different
>approach (delegating to the methods in the owning Enum class when accessing
>EnumValue attribtues).

At first glance, this turns out to be pretty easy in flufl.enum.

https://code.launchpad.net/~barry/flufl.enum/lp1132976/+merge/150472

I'm not sure it's a good idea or whether it meets a real need, and you could
bikeshed on the name of the magic attribute, but I think this shows that it's
possible and doesn't complicate the implementation that much.

Cheers,
-Barry