[Python-Dev] BDFL delegation for PEP 426 (PyPI metadata 1.3)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 11:29:48 CET 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> ...but let's make sure we keep caring about the tools that people really
> use, which includes both setuptools and distribute.

The lack of a meaningful transition plan is where I think we fell down
with PEP 345 & 386, and is also the main reason I've postponed
accepting PEP 426 (PJE and others pointed out a couple of major gaps
that either made it difficult to update pkg_resources to read the new
format, or else made it difficult to generate metadata that existing
releases of pkg_resources would understand).

Cheers,
Nick.