[Python-Dev] Built with VS2012 Express for desktop

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 05:37:36 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:

> Hello.
>
>    This mailing list is to work on developing Python (adding new
> features to Python itself and fixing bugs); if you're having problems
> learning, understanding or using Python, please find another forum.
> Probably python-list/comp.lang.python mailing list/news group is the
> best place; there are Python developers who participate in it; you may
> get a faster, and probably more complete, answer there. See
> http://www.python.org/community/ for other lists/news groups/fora. Thank
> you for understanding.

Oleg, lately I have the feeling you're getting too automatic with this
template response. The OP didn't ask how to reverse a list in Python, he
was trying to build Python itself (on Windows, no less), which suggests
that he may be trying to work *on* Python. Or maybe he isn't, but let's
grant him the benefit of the doubt. If python-dev was overwhelmed with such
posts, then perhaps we'd have to think about solving the problem; but there
is no problem.

Being kind to newbies is an important part of meaningful participation in
an open source project.

Eli