[Python-Dev] cffi in stdlib

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 22:37:56 CET 2013

On 18 Dec 2013 06:21, "Maciej Fijalkowski" <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> > Maybe someone from PyPy should bring this up as an official topic at the
> > language summit to figure out the blockers (again). Or it can join
regex on
> > the list of "module discussed for addition at the language summit but
never
> > quite pushed to commitment". =)
>
> we're still working on resolving discussed issues before officially
> proposing it for inclusion.

Note that there's also now a link chain from the CPython extension creation
docs to cffi (and Cython) - the cross version Python Packaging User Guide
now has a section on binary extensions that covers several of the
alternatives to writing them by hand, while the stdlib extension writing
guide has a note at the beginning pointing to that resource.

Cheers,
Nick.

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/ncoghlan%40gmail.com