[Python-Dev] cpython: Issue #18571: Implementation of the PEP 446: file descriptors and file handles

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 21:43:00 CEST 2013

2013/8/28 Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net>:
> I don't want to sound too demanding, but was this patch actually
> reviewed? I can't find a single review comment in
> http://bugs.python.org/issue18571

No, it was not. The first patch for the PEP 446 (issue #18571) was
available for a review approximatively one month ago. The
implementation of the PEP 433 is very close and the issue #17036 had
patches since january.

I tested my implementation on many different platforms, I didn't see
any regression.

You can still review the commit and modify directly the source code if
you would like to change something. You can also use python-dev@
mailing list if you have comments or questions.

Victor