[Python-Dev] experimental: Misc/NEWS included in docs

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Sep 30 22:31:20 CEST 2012

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:14:37 -0700
Chris Jerdonek <chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> > at http://docs.python.org/3.3/whatsnew/news.html, there is now
> > a rendering of Misc/NEWS with tracker links and a crude filtering
> > capability.  I thought that this will complement the "whatsnew"
> > documents nicely for people looking for more detail.
> >
> > Please let me know if it's useful, or what could be done to make
> > it *more* useful.
>
> Good idea.  Some suggestions:
>
> * A note at the top explaining what this page is and how it differs
> from the other What's New page (including perhaps a link to the other
> What's New page).  It might also be good if the two had more
> distinctive titles.  They are currently "What’s New in Python" and
> "Python News."

Agreed. I think the titles are currently very confusing. The page
you've just added should be called something like "Changelog", to
stress its more bare'n'technical natural compared to our official
"What's New" pages.

Also it would be extra nice if the "What's new in Python X.Y" section
headers could be renamed to "Python X.Y changelog", or similar.

Regards

Antoine.

--
Software development and contracting: http://pro.pitrou.net