[Python-Dev] packaging location ?

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 17:12:48 CEST 2012

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I like "distcore" or "distlib", though.

I have set up a BitBucket repo called distlib, at

https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/distlib/

This has the following bits of distutils2 / packaging, updated to run on 2.x and
3.x with a single codebase, and including tests (though not docs, yet):

version.py - version specifiers as per PEP 386
metadata.py - metadata as per PEPs 345, 314 and 241
markers.py - environment markers as per PEP 345
database.py - installed distributions as per PEP 376
depgraph.py - distribution dependency graph logic
glob.py - globbing functionality

The code was taken at around the time packaging was removed, and may not have
more recent changes.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip