[Python-Dev] Should 2to3 convert Exceptions from

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 22:26:03 CEST 2012

Switched from python-dev to python-porting.

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> I work offline from remote location about 2000m above the sea level. There
> is no internet connection here, so I can not use tracker online. I need a
> Python editor here, and I have Spyder checkout. The problem is that my
> installation has only Python3. I've tried using 2to3 from setup.py
> (attached), but it fails when I execute:
>
> $ sudo python3 setup.py install
>
> stderr.log and stdout.log are attached. Is it the intended behavior?
> It is also hard find "Porting Python 2 Code to Python 3" article, because it
> is not referenced from "Porting to Python 3.x" chapters.

2to3 has not been run on the code that gives you errors. The traceback
seems incomplete, and gives no indication of where in the install you
get the errors. From the stdout it seems like it just installs the
code without using 2to3.

The only idea I have at this moment i sto make sure that the build
directories are empty.

//Lennart