[Python-Dev] Web accessible core code search and other devguide questions

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 11:02:31 CEST 2012

Hi again,

http://docs.python.org/devguide/faq.html?highlight=search

What can I use to browse, search and troubleshoot core Python sources online?

Why the question "Where do I find Python core code?" is not the first
in the dev. guide? =)
There is clearly a lot of stuff on http://hg.python.org/ that requires
some guidance.

I'd also include some more technical information at the top.

And FAQ is very strange. "What standards of behaviour are expected in
these communication channels?" - is that really the question people
frequently ask? IMHO the question should be "Where can I get help with
development?" and the answer include a link to dev.guide chapter on
this matter.
--
anatoly t.