[Python-Dev] Bad python 2.5 build on OSX 10.8 mountain lion

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Oct 2 09:18:20 CEST 2012

In article
<CAP7+vJLYBgPCmKNT5UVzQ9Na3qBdumE9CmJ5PL6yZqR75AyAnw at mail.gmail.com>,
 Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> Forgot the link...
> http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=7885
>
> On Monday, October 1, 2012, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
> > As discussed here, the python 2.5 binary distributed by Apple on mountain
> > lion is broken. Could someone file an official complaint? This is really
> > bad...

I've filed a bug against 10.8 python2.5.   The 10.8 versions of Apple's
pythons are compile with clang and we did see some sign extension issues
with ctypes.  The 10.7 version of Apple's python2.5 is compiled with
llvm-gcc and handles 2**31 correctly.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, only the submitter (i.e. me) can see the bug
report (problem id 12411585).  I'll report back when I hear something.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org