[Python-Dev] Generally boared by installation (Re: Setting project home path the best way)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:20:12 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com>wrote:

> I knew there was one more: http://bugs.python.org/issue16499 ("CLI
> option for isolated mode").

Along with another PYIOENCODING related one that the Blender folks reported
(Christian Heimes pointed it out to me earlier today).

Anyway, I created a page on the wiki for the data gathering process:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/CPythonInterpreterInitialization

It's now a matter of going through and sorting out:

1. What gets set during startup?
2. Where does it get set (or modified)?
3. How is that configured?

Once we have a good view of that, *then* we can start looking for ways to
simplify the code, make the whole system more embedding friendly (i.e. by
giving the embedding app total control via a simple and clean API) and
still support the proposals for improvements.

Cheers,
Nick.