[Python-Dev] Tru64 support

Trent Nelson trent at snakebite.org
Tue Nov 27 12:30:11 CET 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 02:24:10AM -0700, Andrew Svetlov wrote:
> Is it still up to date? Bug has been created in 2004.
> I don't see Tru64 in list of available buildbots.
>
> Do we need to care about this platform? And how to make sure what
> existing code works fine for that?

    There's a Snakebite Tru64 box now, accessible via t5 from the sb
    menu.  2.7 compiles fine but hangs on some of the subprocess epipe
    tests, I'll set up a slave once I've addressed that.

    One nice thing about Tru64 is that everything is implicitly 64-bit.
    There's no notion of dual 32-bit/64-bit libs/binaries or a 32-bit
    memory architecture.  The 64-bit `python` on Tru64 is in a much
    better state than said binaries on AIX and HP-UX (which still need
    a lot of work).

    As for VMS/OpenVMS, still working with HP to get access to media.

        Trent.