[Python-Dev] Setting project home path the best way

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Thu Nov 15 22:43:31 CET 2012

Hi Kristjan,

does that mean that your scheme simply works, without any config step
necessary after I did my checkout?
This would in fact be an interesting alternative to

    Python setup.py develop

but I'm not sure if this is the same scheme on windows and Os X.

Getting this part right was rather tricky, and I fear this is still an issue.

Right now I think to just force my users to run the install step, since it is quite
accepted in general.

Still, I'd love to see a way with no action needed at all: write yout your structure,
and it works as-is. Seems to be impossible without tricks.

Cheers - chris

Sent from my Ei4Steve