[Python-Dev] Missing command line documentation for new tools

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue May 29 01:20:40 CEST 2012

The documentation does not currently provide end user guides for
pysetup or pyvenv under http://docs.python.org/dev/using/index.html

This needs to be fixed before 3.3 is released. I've created the
following issues as deferred blockers (since they don't need to be
addressed before the alpha this week):

pysetup: http://bugs.python.org/issue14940
pyvenv: http://bugs.python.org/issue14939

As the standard library comes to include more directly executed tools,
we really need to focus on keeping the Setup & Usage docs up to date.
The fact we've been historically lax on that front is no excuse for
perpetuating the problem for new additions.

Regards,
Nick.