[Python-Dev] Open PEPs and large-scale changes for 3.3

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 2 06:22:17 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM, Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 01/05/2012 09:30, Nick Coghlan a écrit :
>
>>> * PEP 3144: IP Address manipulation library
>>
>> This is pretty close to approval. Peter's addressed all the
>> substantive comments that were made regarding the draft API, and he's
>> going to provide an update to the PEP shortly that should get it into
>> a state where I can mark it as Approved. Integration of the library
>> and tests shouldn't be too hard, but it would really help if a sphinx
>> expert could take a look at my Stack Overflow question [1] about
>> generating an initial version of the API reference docs. (I've been
>> meaning to figure out the right mailing list to send sphinx questions
>> to, but haven't got around to it yet).
>

> IIUC sphinx-autogen (shipped with Sphinx) does that.

As near as I can tell, autogen does the same thing "apidoc" does -
inserts autodoc directives in the generated .rst files that loads the
docstrings at build time. I don't want that - I want to load the
docstrings at generation time in order to use them as a basis for the
hand written docs.

Instead, I'll just take Georg up on his offer to generate the initial
file for us.

Cheers,
Nick.