[Python-Dev] Issue13210 : Support Visual Studio 2010

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 31 19:42:22 CEST 2012

> Does anyone object if I submit my patches sxs.patch and errnomodule.patch?
>
> These allow python to work correctly when built with vs2010.

Please see my review: "allow to work correctly" is not a good explanation
of what it does, and why it does that. As it is highly counter-intuitive,
it needs at least justification. I'm trying to investigate whether it is
actually correct (and that it works for CCP is not sufficient proof that
it is correct).

Also, please clarify what branches you would apply this to. 3.3 is certainly
fine; for any other branches, I'd like to point out that this is not a bug
fix.

> There is also the PCBuild10.patch, but that can wait.

Indeed, it shouldn't be added at all. Instead, the PCbuild tree should
become a VS2010 (or VS2012) tree ultimately.

Regards,
Martin