[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs, iteration 2

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Mar 25 14:47:21 CEST 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Stefan Krah <stefan at bytereef.org> wrote:
> Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:

>> Does it bother you when the header is fixed and contains
>> the search box?  I prefer that arrangement, anyway.
>
> Do you have an example website?

Not with just a header.  http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Teach/IntroSES/
is a (very primitive and not stylistically improved in years) example
of a frame-based layout that I use some of my classes.  I would
put a search field in the top frame (if I had one. :-)  But I suppose you
would find the fixed sidebar distracting.

> In general fixed elements distract me
> greatly. This also applies to the '<<' element in the collapsible
> sidebar. When I'm scrolling, it's almost the center of my attention
> (when I should be focusing on the text).

I suspect you're unusual in that, but I guess it just is going
to bug you no matter what, and I personally don't have
*that* strong a preference either way.