[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Wed Mar 21 15:18:31 CET 2012

On 3/21/2012 9:44 AM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
> 21.03.12 03:58, Ned Batchelder написав(ла):
>> Books, magazines, and newspapers look good with full justification, web
>> pages do not. Can we switch to left-justified instead?
>
> You can add line
>
> p {text-align: left !important}
>
> to your browser custom stylesheet.
>
> If you are using Firefox or Chrome (Chromium), for them there are
> extensions (Stylish) that allow to apply the style to the particular
> site.

Any of the tweaks people are suggesting could be applied individually
using this technique.  We could just as easily choose to make the site
left-justified, and let the full-justification fans use custom
stylesheets to get it.

The challenge for the maintainer of the docs site is to choose a good
design that most people will see.  We're bound to disagree on what that
design should be, and I suggest that probably none of us are designer
enough to come up with the best one.  Perhaps we could find an
interested designer to help?

--Ned.