[Python-Dev] Sandboxing Python

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Mar 3 20:13:47 CET 2012

Hi Victor,

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 22:59, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I challenge anymore to break pysandbox! I would be happy if anyone
>> breaks it because it would make it more stronger.

I tried to run the files from Lib/test/crashers and --- kind of
obviously --- I found at least two of them that still segfaults
execfile.py, sometimes with minor edits and sometimes directly, on
CPython 2.7.

As usual, I don't see the point of "challenging" us when we have
crashers already documented.  Also, it's not like Lib/test/crashers
contains in detail *all* crashers that exist; some of them are of the
kind "there is a general issue with xxx, here is an example".

If you are not concerned about segfaults but only real attacks, then
fine, I will not spend the hours necessary to turn the segfault into a
real attack :-)

A bientôt,

Armin.