[Python-Dev] PEP czar for PEP 3144?

Peter Moody pmoody at google.com
Thu Mar 1 06:13:33 CET 2012

Just checking in:

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> At the very least:
> - the IP Interface API needs to move to a point where it more clearly
> *is* an IP Address and *has* an associated IP Network (rather than
> being the other way around)

This is done [1]. There's cleanup that needs to happen here, but the
interface classes are now subclasses of the respective address
classes.

Now I need to apply some consistency and then move on to the remaining
issues points:

> - IP Network needs to behave more like an ordered set of sequential IP
> Addresses (without sometimes behaving like an Address in its own
> right)
> - iterable APIs should consistently produce iterators (leaving users
> free to wrap list() around the calls if they want the concrete
> realisation)

Cheers,
peter

[1] http://code.google.com/p/ipaddress-py/source/detail?r=10dd6a68139fb99116219865afcd1c183777e8cc
(the date is munged b/c I rebased to my original commit before submitting).

--
Peter Moody      Google    1.650.253.7306
Security Engineer  pgp:0xC3410038