[Python-Dev] ssh://hg at hg.python.org/cpython unstable?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jun 22 22:08:24 CEST 2012

90% of the way through recloning cpython on Win7, I got
Putty Error: Network error: software called connection abort
Tortoise hg said
abort: stream ended unexpectedly (got 53602 bytes, expected 55236)

Two retries give same Putty error almost immdiately, with hg message
no suitable response from remote hg

Third retry started download, but it failed again after 10 minutes.
similar message from hg.
Is
ssh://hg@hg.python.org/cpython unstable (intermittantly down)?
or is something strange happening on my system?
(I have previously downloaded multi-gigabyte files, though not today and
with perhaps more error tolerant downloaders.)

--
Terry Jan Reedy