[Python-Dev] Raw string syntax inconsistency

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jun 17 16:59:00 CEST 2012

> So, while PEP 414 will allow u"" to run unmodified, ur"" will still
> need to be changed to something else, because that partially escaped
> behaviour isn't available in 3.x and we don't want to reintroduce it.

Given that the PEP currently explicitly supports ur, I think the
reversal of the reversal will need some discussion in the PEP.

(this reminds me of Germany's path wrt. nuclear power - where the
previous government decided to pullout from nuclear power (der
Ausstieg), the current government reverted that (Ausstieg vom Ausstieg),
and then, after the Fukushima accident, decided to revert that decision
(der Ausstieg vom Ausstieg vom Ausstieg aus der Atomenergie)).

Regards,
Martin