[Python-Dev] PEP 362 Third Revision

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:24:16 CEST 2012

I like the idea of a kind attribute, I don't like the current names for the
possible values.

At the very least, "positional only" needs to be supported to handle
nameless parameters in C functions (or those that unpack *args internally)

The level of abbreviation used also seems unnecessary and internally
inconsistent.

My proposal:
POSITIONAL- positional only
NAMED_POSITIONAL - normal parameter
VAR_POSITIONAL - *args
KEYWORD - keyword only
VAR_KEYWORDS - **kwds

--
Sent from my phone, thus the relative brevity :)