[Python-Dev] Updated PEP 362 (Function Signature Object)

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Thu Jun 7 16:00:29 CEST 2012

On 06/06/2012 11:56 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> I'd say return a copy in the first case to be safe against accidental
> modification. If someone actually wants in-place modification, they
> can access __signature__ directly.

I really don't understand this anxiety about mutable Signature objects.
Can you give a plausible example of "accidental modification" of a
Signature object?  I for one--as clumsy as I am--cannot recall ever
"accidentally" modifying an object.

I really don't think signature() should bother copying/deep-copying the
Signature before returning it.

//arry/