[Python-Dev] what is happening with the regex module going into Python 3.3?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jun 4 00:55:00 CEST 2012

> heh.  indeed.  regardless, the module is available on pypi whether it
> goes in or not so we do at least have something to point people to when
> they need more than the existing undermaintained re (sre) module.

I completely disagree that SRE is unmaintained. It has about monthly
commits to it, to fix reported bugs, by various people.

It may be aged software, but that has the advantage that more people
are familiar with the code base now than back in the days when /F
was still maintaining it.

Regards,
Martin