[Python-Dev] 2.7 releases

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Thu Jul 26 20:50:21 CEST 2012

Am 26.07.2012 20:16, schrieb martin at v.loewis.de:
>> Will there be more 2.7 bugfix releases
>
> Yes.
>
>> and when the next one?
>
> That's up for Benjamin to decide. My view is that one bugfix
> release every year is more than enough.

Ok.  I expect we will still be using 2.7 next year in my company.

>> In other words; if I submit a patch and it is accepted, can I
>> expect that patch be committed also to the 2.7 branch?
>
> Don't you have commit rights still?

I dont't know.  IIRC, I have asked for them to be retracted some years
ago.  Anyway, I do know nearly nothing about hg and don't have time to
learn it.

So, I have uploaded a patch and asked for review (since I'm not 1000%
sure that it is absolutely correct):

http://bugs.python.org/issue15459

Thomas