[Python-Dev] Store timestamps as decimal.Decimal objects

Matt Joiner anacrolix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 23:41:56 CET 2012

Nick mentioned using a single type and converting upon return, I'm starting
to like that more. A limited set of time formats is mostly arbitrary, and
there will always be a performance hit deciding which type to return.

The goal here is to allow high precision timings with minimal cost. A
separate module, and an agreement on what the best performing high
precision type is I think is the best way forward.