[Python-Dev] Python 3 optimizations, continued, continued again...

stefan brunthaler stefan at brunthaler.net
Tue Jan 31 22:17:41 CET 2012

> There is also the issue of the two test modules removed from the
> test suite.

Oh, I'm sorry, seems like the patch did contain too much of my
development stuff. (I did remove them before, because they were always
failing due to the instruction opcodes being changed because of
quickening; they pass the tests, though.)

> Well, nobody wants to review generated code.

I agree. The code generator basically uses templates that contain the
information and a dump of the C-structure of several types to traverse
and see which one of them implements which functions. There is really
no magic there, the most "complex" thing is to get the inline-cache
miss checks for function calls right. But I tried to make the
generated code look pretty, so that working with it is not too much of
a hassle. The code generator itself is a little bit more complicated,
so I am not sure it would help a lot...

best,
--stefan