[Python-Dev] PEP 408 -- Standard library __preview__ package

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:47:05 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 17:34, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> 2012/1/27 Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com>:
>> Criteria for "graduation"
>> -------------------------
>
> I think you also need "Criteria for being placed in __preview__". Do
> we just toss everything someone suggests in?

I hoped to have this covered by:

  "In any case, modules that are proposed to be added to the standard
library, whether via __preview__ or directly, must fulfill the
acceptance conditions set by PEP 2."

PEP 2 is quite detailed and I saw no need to repeat large chunks of it
here. The idea is that all the same restrictions and caveats apply.
The thing that goes away is promise for future API stability.

Eli