[Python-Dev] [issue13703] Hash collision security issue

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Jan 27 09:32:58 CET 2012

Glenn Linderman, 27.01.2012 07:47:
> Can we have a tree type in 3.3, independent of dict?

I'd be happy to see that happen, but I guess the usual requirements on
stdlib extensions would apply here. I.e., someone has to write the code,
make sure people actually use it to prove that it's worth being added, make
sure it runs in different Python implementations, donate the code to the
PSF asking for stdlib addition and agree to maintain it in the future.

Such an addition is a totally separate issue from the hash collision attack
issue.

Stefan