[Python-Dev] Python as a Metro-style App

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 02:02:21 CET 2012

Antoine Pitrou:

> How does it translate to C?

   The simplest technique would be to use C++ code to bridge from C to
the API. If you really wanted to you could explicitly call the
function pointer in the COM vtable but doing COM in C is more effort
than calling through C++.

> I'm not sure why "responsive user interfaces" would be more important
> today than 10 years ago, but at least I hope Microsoft has found
> something more usable than overlapped I/O.

   They are more important now due to the use of phones and tablets
together with distant file systems.

   Neil